News and Media
February 27th, 2013
The Trans Canada Trail is pleased to announce that the vice president and southwest regional director of Trails BC, Léon Lebrun, has been awarded a Diamond Jubilee medal. B.C. Premier Christy Clark made the medal presentation at a special ceremony held at the Pan Pacific Hotel at Canada Place in Vancouver on January 31. The [...]
February 25th, 2013
Trans Canada Trail’s latest PSA has begun airing on Shaw Media and Global Television channels throughout the country. This latest ad features Mrs. Laureen Harper, the Honorary Campaign Chair of TCT’s Chapter 150, His Excellency the Right Honourable David Johnston, Governor General of Canada, and singer Paul Brandt, the most awarded male Canadian [...]
February 18th, 2013
Trans Canada Trail partners and volunteers from across the country met in Ottawa in early February for a two-day planning session to galvanize plans for full Trail connection by 2017 – Canada’s 150th anniversary of Confederation. Just before heading into their intensive two-day session, TCT’s Trail-Building partners were joined by Mrs. Laureen Harper, [...]
February 8th, 2013
CBC/Radio-Canada has announced the cities and dates for its CANADA 150/2017 STARTS NOW conference series, on which the Trans Canada Trail (TCT) is proud to collaborate. “We’re honoured to be part of CBC/Radio-Canada’s plan to organize a lively and enriching national conversation,” says Deborah Apps, President & CEO of TCT. “We look forward to participating [...]
October 31st, 2012
His Excellency the Right Honourable David Johnston, Governor General of Canada, presented the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal to TCT Chair Paul LaBarge and to TCT President & CEO Deborah Apps. The medals were presented at the exhibit From Far and Wide – Honouring Great Canadians, on Wednesday, October 31, 2012. As one of the original members [...]
Path of the Paddle
Trans Canada Trail Ontario hosts Community Information Sessions to showcase the "Path of the Paddle" project: a Tourism Destination Product in northwestern Ontario (June 29, 2012)
- Press release (pdf)
Go the Greenway
Trans Canada Trail launches greenways campaign (June 21, 2012)
- Website: Greenway.TCTrail.ca
- Newsletter dispatch (pdf)
Trans Canada Trail and Environment Canada-Biosphere launch BioKit (Oct. 13, 2011)
- BioKit (pdf)
Tribute to Dr. Camu
The Trans Canada Trail honours founder Dr. Pierre Camu (June 2, 2010)
- Redirect to CNW Matthews
In the news
- The Globe and Mail's National Philanthropy Day special (November 15, 2012) featured the Trans Canada Trail on pages 2 and 5. (pdf)
- MacLean’s (via the Canadian Press) mentions the Trans Canada Trail as a priority in its September 24, 2012 article, MPs say Ottawa needs to-do list for Canada’s 150th birthday.
- Canadian Geographic (July/August 2012) features the Path of the Paddle, a 900-km water route on the Trans Canada Trail, in Path of the Paddle: A wild new canoe link on the Trans Canada Trail (pdf), by Hap Wilson, or redirect to Canadian Geographic website.
- The Globe and Mail special information feature (June 29, 2012): Countdown to 2017 (pdf)
- Via Rail's Destinations magazine features the Trans Canada Trail (June 2012): Once There Were Rails (pdf)
- YorkU Magazine's Summer 2012 edition features Pierre Lassonde, a Trans Canada Trail Foundation board member, in Heart of Gold (pdf)
- Journal de Montréal (May 5 2012): Le sentier Transcanadien, un parcours de découvertes (pdf, French only)
- Ottawa Life Magazine (May-June 2012): The Natural: Laureen Harper talks family, fitness and Canadian Pride (pdf)
- National Geographic: Journeys of a Lifetime (pdf)
- Rails to Trails (Winter 2012): Canadian Spirit: The Trans Canada Trail (pdf)
- The Globe and Mail special information feature (July 1, 2011): Your Trail. Your Journey. (pdf)
- Parents Canada (June/July 2011) presents Happy Trails To You (pdf), a guide to exploring the Trans Canada Trail with children.
- Julie Brouard, communications director, talks about the Trail's 20th anniversary and the plan for the next five years on Les samedis du monde on Radio-Canada (July 7, 2012): Redirects to Radio-Canada (French only)
- Deborah Apps, president and CEO of the Trail, and Barb Trainor of Island Trails talk about PEI's trails and their goals on the island (May 24, 2012): Redirects to CBC Radio
Click here to redirect to archives of Trail Talk
This circle of influential and visionary leaders will help us connect the Trail and all Canadians.
The Trail is within 30 minutes of over 80% of Canadians and runs through or near 1,000 communities.
Your donation will help to connect the Trail and bring us closer to realizing a national dream.