News and Media
October 29th, 2012
Their Excellencies the Right Honourable David Johnston, Governor General of Canada, and Mrs. Sharon Johnston were present as the Trans Canada Trail unveiled a plaque for the designation of a section of the Trans Canada Trail as The Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Trail. The event took place on Friday October 26 on the Capital [...]
September 20th, 2012
The Trans Canada Trail team was deeply saddened to learn of the death of former Alberta Premier, the Honourable E. Peter Lougheed. Premier Lougheed was unquestionably devoted to the TCT and served as a Patron of the organization for many years. We were very honoured to have him open the Canmore Pavilion on June 4, [...]
September 17th, 2012
On August 30, CBC/Radio-Canada announced its initiative to spark a national conversation about Canada’s upcoming 150th anniversary in 2017 – and that plan includes the Trans Canada Trail in an important role! In its media release, the national broadcaster announced that, in partnership with “other leading Canadian organizations” such as the Trans Canada Trail, CBC [...]
July 17th, 2012
We are delighted to announce that Mr. Julian Tomlinson of the Northwest Territories received a Diamond Jubilee medal during Yellowknife’s Canada Day celebrations on July 1. Northwest Territories Premier Bob McLeod, Commissioner George L. Tuccaro, and a number of MLAs were on hand at the Yellowknife City Hall ceremony for the ten medal presentations. Trans [...]
July 11th, 2012
The Trans Canada Trail enlisted trusted partner Shaw Media to produce two public-service announcements and a documentary earlier this year. On Monday July 9, Shaw producers and members of the TCTrail team headed to beautiful Glenbow Ranch, Alberta’s newest provincial park and a magnificent recent addition to the Trail. The First Lady of Canada, [...]
Path of the Paddle
Trans Canada Trail Ontario hosts Community Information Sessions to showcase the "Path of the Paddle" project: a Tourism Destination Product in northwestern Ontario (June 29, 2012)
- Press release (pdf)
Go the Greenway
Trans Canada Trail launches greenways campaign (June 21, 2012)
- Website: Greenway.TCTrail.ca
- Newsletter dispatch (pdf)
Trans Canada Trail and Environment Canada-Biosphere launch BioKit (Oct. 13, 2011)
- BioKit (pdf)
Tribute to Dr. Camu
The Trans Canada Trail honours founder Dr. Pierre Camu (June 2, 2010)
- Redirect to CNW Matthews
In the news
- The Globe and Mail's National Philanthropy Day special (November 15, 2012) featured the Trans Canada Trail on pages 2 and 5. (pdf)
- MacLean’s (via the Canadian Press) mentions the Trans Canada Trail as a priority in its September 24, 2012 article, MPs say Ottawa needs to-do list for Canada’s 150th birthday.
- Canadian Geographic (July/August 2012) features the Path of the Paddle, a 900-km water route on the Trans Canada Trail, in Path of the Paddle: A wild new canoe link on the Trans Canada Trail (pdf), by Hap Wilson, or redirect to Canadian Geographic website.
- The Globe and Mail special information feature (June 29, 2012): Countdown to 2017 (pdf)
- Via Rail's Destinations magazine features the Trans Canada Trail (June 2012): Once There Were Rails (pdf)
- YorkU Magazine's Summer 2012 edition features Pierre Lassonde, a Trans Canada Trail Foundation board member, in Heart of Gold (pdf)
- Journal de Montréal (May 5 2012): Le sentier Transcanadien, un parcours de découvertes (pdf, French only)
- Ottawa Life Magazine (May-June 2012): The Natural: Laureen Harper talks family, fitness and Canadian Pride (pdf)
- National Geographic: Journeys of a Lifetime (pdf)
- Rails to Trails (Winter 2012): Canadian Spirit: The Trans Canada Trail (pdf)
- The Globe and Mail special information feature (July 1, 2011): Your Trail. Your Journey. (pdf)
- Parents Canada (June/July 2011) presents Happy Trails To You (pdf), a guide to exploring the Trans Canada Trail with children.
- Julie Brouard, communications director, talks about the Trail's 20th anniversary and the plan for the next five years on Les samedis du monde on Radio-Canada (July 7, 2012): Redirects to Radio-Canada (French only)
- Deborah Apps, president and CEO of the Trail, and Barb Trainor of Island Trails talk about PEI's trails and their goals on the island (May 24, 2012): Redirects to CBC Radio
Click here to redirect to archives of Trail Talk
This circle of influential and visionary leaders will help us connect the Trail and all Canadians.
The Trail is within 30 minutes of over 80% of Canadians and runs through or near 1,000 communities.
Your donation will help to connect the Trail and bring us closer to realizing a national dream.