News and Media
May 25th, 2007
The Shawnigan Lake Community Centre will be a busy place this coming Sunday (May 27th) morning. Registration, followed by a warm up with Stasha, will begin at 7:30 to kick off the 3rd annual walk in support of the CFCSS. Participants have a choice of activities – walking, running or kayaking – and a range [...]
May 23rd, 2007
…is the theme of the 2007 Trans Canada Trail AGM, which will be held from Friday, June 8th to Sunday, June 10th. Hosted in collaboration with Trails BC and the lovely city of North Vancouver, the indoor part of the program will take place at the Lonsdale Quay Hotel. I’m particularly excited about the choice [...]
May 22nd, 2007
PE Islanders braved a rainy Victoria day weekend to cycle the Confederation Trail and raise money for micro-lending in Africa. Read all about the 3rd Annual Tip-to-Tip on MaryMcKay’s blog. You will be entertained…and inspired. In the year 2000 PEI became the first province in Canada to complete its section of the Trans Canada Trail, [...]
May 16th, 2007
This and six other wonders of the world’s breadbasket may well prompt you to pay a visit this summer. I thought Saskatchewan was flat. Apparently, the province’s Cypress Hills boast the highest point of land between Labrador and the Rockies. And the Trans Canada Trail goes right through the Cypress Hills Provincial Park. Back to [...]
May 10th, 2007
The Confederation Trail will be the venue for no less than 13 recreational cycling events beginning this Saturday ’til the end of July. And that’s just half of the schedule! Organized cycling events will continue through Thanksgiving weekend. Visit Island Trails for dates, times, maps & everything else you’ll need to enjoy the spectacular scenery [...]
Path of the Paddle
Trans Canada Trail Ontario hosts Community Information Sessions to showcase the "Path of the Paddle" project: a Tourism Destination Product in northwestern Ontario (June 29, 2012)
- Press release (pdf)
Go the Greenway
Trans Canada Trail launches greenways campaign (June 21, 2012)
- Website: Greenway.TCTrail.ca
- Newsletter dispatch (pdf)
Trans Canada Trail and Environment Canada-Biosphere launch BioKit (Oct. 13, 2011)
- BioKit (pdf)
Tribute to Dr. Camu
The Trans Canada Trail honours founder Dr. Pierre Camu (June 2, 2010)
- Redirect to CNW Matthews
In the news
- The Globe and Mail's National Philanthropy Day special (November 15, 2012) featured the Trans Canada Trail on pages 2 and 5. (pdf)
- MacLean’s (via the Canadian Press) mentions the Trans Canada Trail as a priority in its September 24, 2012 article, MPs say Ottawa needs to-do list for Canada’s 150th birthday.
- Canadian Geographic (July/August 2012) features the Path of the Paddle, a 900-km water route on the Trans Canada Trail, in Path of the Paddle: A wild new canoe link on the Trans Canada Trail (pdf), by Hap Wilson, or redirect to Canadian Geographic website.
- The Globe and Mail special information feature (June 29, 2012): Countdown to 2017 (pdf)
- Via Rail's Destinations magazine features the Trans Canada Trail (June 2012): Once There Were Rails (pdf)
- YorkU Magazine's Summer 2012 edition features Pierre Lassonde, a Trans Canada Trail Foundation board member, in Heart of Gold (pdf)
- Journal de Montréal (May 5 2012): Le sentier Transcanadien, un parcours de découvertes (pdf, French only)
- Ottawa Life Magazine (May-June 2012): The Natural: Laureen Harper talks family, fitness and Canadian Pride (pdf)
- National Geographic: Journeys of a Lifetime (pdf)
- Rails to Trails (Winter 2012): Canadian Spirit: The Trans Canada Trail (pdf)
- The Globe and Mail special information feature (July 1, 2011): Your Trail. Your Journey. (pdf)
- Parents Canada (June/July 2011) presents Happy Trails To You (pdf), a guide to exploring the Trans Canada Trail with children.
- Julie Brouard, communications director, talks about the Trail's 20th anniversary and the plan for the next five years on Les samedis du monde on Radio-Canada (July 7, 2012): Redirects to Radio-Canada (French only)
- Deborah Apps, president and CEO of the Trail, and Barb Trainor of Island Trails talk about PEI's trails and their goals on the island (May 24, 2012): Redirects to CBC Radio
Click here to redirect to archives of Trail Talk
This circle of influential and visionary leaders will help us connect the Trail and all Canadians.
The Trail is within 30 minutes of over 80% of Canadians and runs through or near 1,000 communities.
Your donation will help to connect the Trail and bring us closer to realizing a national dream.