News and Media
May 10th, 2007
One of the largest mountain biking clubs in Canada currently boasts 250 members and is hoping to add to their numbers. Routes include the Trans Canada Trail and Albion Hills, with weekly organized rides on Monday and Wednesday evenings. Special events include a Spring and Fall BBQ, a camping weekend set for August 11th and [...]
May 4th, 2007
The British Columbia Coast will play host to the Victoria International Half-Iron Triathlon on May 26, 2007. Combining swimming, cycling, and running, the event is expected to attract some 1,000 participants. Shawnigan Lake will be the site for the swim and the run will take place on the Trans Canada Trail. The rolling roads of [...]
May 1st, 2007
Intrepid cyclists Justin McGee and David Watson are setting out from Victoria, BC today on a four-month cycling odyssey across Canada. Their goal is to raise awareness about kidney disease and money for the Kidney Foundation of Canada. Amazingly, over $5000 has already been contributed to their cause. A fundraising event held on April 26th [...]
April 30th, 2007
Announced this past Friday by Minister of Health, Tony Clement, the funding will be used for a public education and marketing campaign for the Sudbury section of the Trans Canada Trail. The money comes from FedNor, which is providing a total of 28.1 million in economic development grants throughout Northern Ontario. Partners in Eco-Adventure Tourism [...]
April 13th, 2007
Running Skirts Canada is donating 5% of all April sales to the Trans Canada Trail. The company’s high performance, fashion forward gear is now available in Canada! Visit their website to check out the cheerful colours and ingenious design of this super comfortable athletic wear. Cindy and Christy, the energetic principals of Running Skirts, take [...]
Path of the Paddle
Trans Canada Trail Ontario hosts Community Information Sessions to showcase the "Path of the Paddle" project: a Tourism Destination Product in northwestern Ontario (June 29, 2012)
- Press release (pdf)
Go the Greenway
Trans Canada Trail launches greenways campaign (June 21, 2012)
- Website: Greenway.TCTrail.ca
- Newsletter dispatch (pdf)
Trans Canada Trail and Environment Canada-Biosphere launch BioKit (Oct. 13, 2011)
- BioKit (pdf)
Tribute to Dr. Camu
The Trans Canada Trail honours founder Dr. Pierre Camu (June 2, 2010)
- Redirect to CNW Matthews
In the news
- The Globe and Mail's National Philanthropy Day special (November 15, 2012) featured the Trans Canada Trail on pages 2 and 5. (pdf)
- MacLean’s (via the Canadian Press) mentions the Trans Canada Trail as a priority in its September 24, 2012 article, MPs say Ottawa needs to-do list for Canada’s 150th birthday.
- Canadian Geographic (July/August 2012) features the Path of the Paddle, a 900-km water route on the Trans Canada Trail, in Path of the Paddle: A wild new canoe link on the Trans Canada Trail (pdf), by Hap Wilson, or redirect to Canadian Geographic website.
- The Globe and Mail special information feature (June 29, 2012): Countdown to 2017 (pdf)
- Via Rail's Destinations magazine features the Trans Canada Trail (June 2012): Once There Were Rails (pdf)
- YorkU Magazine's Summer 2012 edition features Pierre Lassonde, a Trans Canada Trail Foundation board member, in Heart of Gold (pdf)
- Journal de Montréal (May 5 2012): Le sentier Transcanadien, un parcours de découvertes (pdf, French only)
- Ottawa Life Magazine (May-June 2012): The Natural: Laureen Harper talks family, fitness and Canadian Pride (pdf)
- National Geographic: Journeys of a Lifetime (pdf)
- Rails to Trails (Winter 2012): Canadian Spirit: The Trans Canada Trail (pdf)
- The Globe and Mail special information feature (July 1, 2011): Your Trail. Your Journey. (pdf)
- Parents Canada (June/July 2011) presents Happy Trails To You (pdf), a guide to exploring the Trans Canada Trail with children.
- Julie Brouard, communications director, talks about the Trail's 20th anniversary and the plan for the next five years on Les samedis du monde on Radio-Canada (July 7, 2012): Redirects to Radio-Canada (French only)
- Deborah Apps, president and CEO of the Trail, and Barb Trainor of Island Trails talk about PEI's trails and their goals on the island (May 24, 2012): Redirects to CBC Radio
Click here to redirect to archives of Trail Talk
This circle of influential and visionary leaders will help us connect the Trail and all Canadians.
The Trail is within 30 minutes of over 80% of Canadians and runs through or near 1,000 communities.
Your donation will help to connect the Trail and bring us closer to realizing a national dream.