News and Media
August 8th, 2008
Following in the footsteps (or, rather, the tire tracks) of Denmark’s national cycle routes, Britain’s National Cycle Network, and the Rails-to-Trails Conservancy in the United States, Québec’s Route Verte is the longest bicycle network in North America, covering over 4,000 kilometres and traveling through more than 320 municipalities. Read the full article by Jay Istvanffy [...]
August 6th, 2008
Richard Senécal, Coordinator of the Trans Canada Trail in Quebec discusses the brand new “sentier Pégase” in an interview with CBC Radio host Tim Balfour on the program Quebec a.m. Ten years in the making, this 65 kilometre trail will support 3 activities – horseback riding, hiking and, in the winter, cross-country skiing. Running between [...]
April 1st, 2008
SAINT-LÉONARD, Quebec, March 31, 2008: Monica-Feb Slaney, aged 13 years, from Dante School in Saint-Léonard, is the provincial Canada Day Poster Challenge 2008 finalist for Quebec. This year’s theme was My Canada Today! Luc Harvey, Member of Parliament (Louis-Hébert), on behalf of the Honourable Josée Verner, Minister of Canadian Heritage, Status of Women and Official [...]
March 17th, 2008
…of cycling paths was produced by l’Association des reseaux cyclables du Québec (ARCQ) in March of 2007. The resulting document is a synthesis of information gathered from the people responsible for managing bike paths across Québec. The driving force behind the publication was the desire on the part of ARCQ members to share best practices [...]
September 5th, 2007
The newest Trail Pavilion in Québec was officially opened on Wednesday, Sept. 12th at 11:00 am. Three new panels containing the names and messages of donors were also be unveiled at this time. The new pavilion is located on the wharf of the Rivière-du-Loup to Saint-Siméon Ferry Crossing. Access is available from Autoroute Jean-Lesage (Autoroute [...]
Path of the Paddle
Trans Canada Trail Ontario hosts Community Information Sessions to showcase the "Path of the Paddle" project: a Tourism Destination Product in northwestern Ontario (June 29, 2012)
- Press release (pdf)
Go the Greenway
Trans Canada Trail launches greenways campaign (June 21, 2012)
- Website: Greenway.TCTrail.ca
- Newsletter dispatch (pdf)
Trans Canada Trail and Environment Canada-Biosphere launch BioKit (Oct. 13, 2011)
- BioKit (pdf)
Tribute to Dr. Camu
The Trans Canada Trail honours founder Dr. Pierre Camu (June 2, 2010)
- Redirect to CNW Matthews
In the news
- The Globe and Mail's National Philanthropy Day special (November 15, 2012) featured the Trans Canada Trail on pages 2 and 5. (pdf)
- MacLean’s (via the Canadian Press) mentions the Trans Canada Trail as a priority in its September 24, 2012 article, MPs say Ottawa needs to-do list for Canada’s 150th birthday.
- Canadian Geographic (July/August 2012) features the Path of the Paddle, a 900-km water route on the Trans Canada Trail, in Path of the Paddle: A wild new canoe link on the Trans Canada Trail (pdf), by Hap Wilson, or redirect to Canadian Geographic website.
- The Globe and Mail special information feature (June 29, 2012): Countdown to 2017 (pdf)
- Via Rail's Destinations magazine features the Trans Canada Trail (June 2012): Once There Were Rails (pdf)
- YorkU Magazine's Summer 2012 edition features Pierre Lassonde, a Trans Canada Trail Foundation board member, in Heart of Gold (pdf)
- Journal de Montréal (May 5 2012): Le sentier Transcanadien, un parcours de découvertes (pdf, French only)
- Ottawa Life Magazine (May-June 2012): The Natural: Laureen Harper talks family, fitness and Canadian Pride (pdf)
- National Geographic: Journeys of a Lifetime (pdf)
- Rails to Trails (Winter 2012): Canadian Spirit: The Trans Canada Trail (pdf)
- The Globe and Mail special information feature (July 1, 2011): Your Trail. Your Journey. (pdf)
- Parents Canada (June/July 2011) presents Happy Trails To You (pdf), a guide to exploring the Trans Canada Trail with children.
- Julie Brouard, communications director, talks about the Trail's 20th anniversary and the plan for the next five years on Les samedis du monde on Radio-Canada (July 7, 2012): Redirects to Radio-Canada (French only)
- Deborah Apps, president and CEO of the Trail, and Barb Trainor of Island Trails talk about PEI's trails and their goals on the island (May 24, 2012): Redirects to CBC Radio
Click here to redirect to archives of Trail Talk
This circle of influential and visionary leaders will help us connect the Trail and all Canadians.
The Trail is within 30 minutes of over 80% of Canadians and runs through or near 1,000 communities.
Your donation will help to connect the Trail and bring us closer to realizing a national dream.