News and Media
September 11th, 2007
The Department of Wellness, Culture and Sport came through to the tune of $25,000 in grant money to support NB Trails’ community outreach efforts. Greg Byrne, the Minister of Business New Brunswick, was on hand to present the cheque to NB Trails President Brian Clark and Poul Jorgensen, Executive Director.
September 8th, 2007
It’s been two years since the previous panel unveiling – time flies when you’re on the trail. Donor name and message inscriptions will be available for first viewing at the Fredericton pavilion on September 15th at 1:15 pm. A reception will follow the ceremony. The pavilion is on the Green, right by the Saint John [...]
August 30th, 2007
The New Brunswick Trails Council Inc. is pleased to announce that they have partnered with Recreation New Brunswick to co-host the 2007 Conference “Together & Active: Strength Through Partnerships”. The joint conference will be held from Sept. 13- 16, 2007 in Fredericton, New Brunswick at the Crowne Plaza Hotel*. This will be an opportunity to [...]
Path of the Paddle
Trans Canada Trail Ontario hosts Community Information Sessions to showcase the "Path of the Paddle" project: a Tourism Destination Product in northwestern Ontario (June 29, 2012)
- Press release (pdf)
Go the Greenway
Trans Canada Trail launches greenways campaign (June 21, 2012)
- Website: Greenway.TCTrail.ca
- Newsletter dispatch (pdf)
Trans Canada Trail and Environment Canada-Biosphere launch BioKit (Oct. 13, 2011)
- BioKit (pdf)
Tribute to Dr. Camu
The Trans Canada Trail honours founder Dr. Pierre Camu (June 2, 2010)
- Redirect to CNW Matthews
In the news
- The Globe and Mail's National Philanthropy Day special (November 15, 2012) featured the Trans Canada Trail on pages 2 and 5. (pdf)
- MacLean’s (via the Canadian Press) mentions the Trans Canada Trail as a priority in its September 24, 2012 article, MPs say Ottawa needs to-do list for Canada’s 150th birthday.
- Canadian Geographic (July/August 2012) features the Path of the Paddle, a 900-km water route on the Trans Canada Trail, in Path of the Paddle: A wild new canoe link on the Trans Canada Trail (pdf), by Hap Wilson, or redirect to Canadian Geographic website.
- The Globe and Mail special information feature (June 29, 2012): Countdown to 2017 (pdf)
- Via Rail's Destinations magazine features the Trans Canada Trail (June 2012): Once There Were Rails (pdf)
- YorkU Magazine's Summer 2012 edition features Pierre Lassonde, a Trans Canada Trail Foundation board member, in Heart of Gold (pdf)
- Journal de Montréal (May 5 2012): Le sentier Transcanadien, un parcours de découvertes (pdf, French only)
- Ottawa Life Magazine (May-June 2012): The Natural: Laureen Harper talks family, fitness and Canadian Pride (pdf)
- National Geographic: Journeys of a Lifetime (pdf)
- Rails to Trails (Winter 2012): Canadian Spirit: The Trans Canada Trail (pdf)
- The Globe and Mail special information feature (July 1, 2011): Your Trail. Your Journey. (pdf)
- Parents Canada (June/July 2011) presents Happy Trails To You (pdf), a guide to exploring the Trans Canada Trail with children.
- Julie Brouard, communications director, talks about the Trail's 20th anniversary and the plan for the next five years on Les samedis du monde on Radio-Canada (July 7, 2012): Redirects to Radio-Canada (French only)
- Deborah Apps, president and CEO of the Trail, and Barb Trainor of Island Trails talk about PEI's trails and their goals on the island (May 24, 2012): Redirects to CBC Radio
Click here to redirect to archives of Trail Talk
This circle of influential and visionary leaders will help us connect the Trail and all Canadians.
The Trail is within 30 minutes of over 80% of Canadians and runs through or near 1,000 communities.
Your donation will help to connect the Trail and bring us closer to realizing a national dream.