News and Media
Prince Edward Island
May 3rd, 2012
Good day everyone! Are you ready for it? International Trails Day is less than one month away! Do you have any plans for the big day, June 2, 2012? We’ll be updating our blog throughout the month with events happening across the country; click on your province under the Categories tab at the top of [...]
June 19th, 2008
On Saturday June 7th 2008, Grace Blackette, Program Coordinator with Island Trails, organized a cycling event in PEI’s second city of Summerside. Many cyclists entered the Confederation Trail, the island’s 350 km section of the Trans Canada Trail, in downtown Summerside and rode to the scenic Acadian village of Wellington in the western end of [...]
June 4th, 2008
Island Trails has planned another exceptional season of cycling events, including a bike ride from Summerside to Wellington on Saturday, June 7th, International Trails Day. Meeting time is 10:00 am at the Summerside Library. Riders will be accompanied by Trail Officer Volunteers. This is an excellent opportunity to participate in the inaugural Trans Canada Trail [...]
June 22nd, 2007
by Michael Nesbitt Island Trails, a volunteer organization dedicated to trail improvement and promotion, in cooperation with the Prince Edward Island Department of Tourism and other partners, sponsors a series of public cycling events that take in the full 400+ km of Confederation Trail on the Island. The events, usually held Saturday mornings in the [...]
June 21st, 2007
by Michael Nesbitt June 02, 2007, was International Trails Day and a perfect opportunity to host the Summerside – Wellington portion of the Tip-to-Tip series. I videotaped and edited a profile of the day’s activity, which you can watch on YouTube (higher resolution will be available later). Take a 10-minute break, sit back and enjoy…or, [...]
Path of the Paddle
Trans Canada Trail Ontario hosts Community Information Sessions to showcase the "Path of the Paddle" project: a Tourism Destination Product in northwestern Ontario (June 29, 2012)
- Press release (pdf)
Go the Greenway
Trans Canada Trail launches greenways campaign (June 21, 2012)
- Website: Greenway.TCTrail.ca
- Newsletter dispatch (pdf)
Trans Canada Trail and Environment Canada-Biosphere launch BioKit (Oct. 13, 2011)
- BioKit (pdf)
Tribute to Dr. Camu
The Trans Canada Trail honours founder Dr. Pierre Camu (June 2, 2010)
- Redirect to CNW Matthews
In the news
- The Globe and Mail's National Philanthropy Day special (November 15, 2012) featured the Trans Canada Trail on pages 2 and 5. (pdf)
- MacLean’s (via the Canadian Press) mentions the Trans Canada Trail as a priority in its September 24, 2012 article, MPs say Ottawa needs to-do list for Canada’s 150th birthday.
- Canadian Geographic (July/August 2012) features the Path of the Paddle, a 900-km water route on the Trans Canada Trail, in Path of the Paddle: A wild new canoe link on the Trans Canada Trail (pdf), by Hap Wilson, or redirect to Canadian Geographic website.
- The Globe and Mail special information feature (June 29, 2012): Countdown to 2017 (pdf)
- Via Rail's Destinations magazine features the Trans Canada Trail (June 2012): Once There Were Rails (pdf)
- YorkU Magazine's Summer 2012 edition features Pierre Lassonde, a Trans Canada Trail Foundation board member, in Heart of Gold (pdf)
- Journal de Montréal (May 5 2012): Le sentier Transcanadien, un parcours de découvertes (pdf, French only)
- Ottawa Life Magazine (May-June 2012): The Natural: Laureen Harper talks family, fitness and Canadian Pride (pdf)
- National Geographic: Journeys of a Lifetime (pdf)
- Rails to Trails (Winter 2012): Canadian Spirit: The Trans Canada Trail (pdf)
- The Globe and Mail special information feature (July 1, 2011): Your Trail. Your Journey. (pdf)
- Parents Canada (June/July 2011) presents Happy Trails To You (pdf), a guide to exploring the Trans Canada Trail with children.
- Julie Brouard, communications director, talks about the Trail's 20th anniversary and the plan for the next five years on Les samedis du monde on Radio-Canada (July 7, 2012): Redirects to Radio-Canada (French only)
- Deborah Apps, president and CEO of the Trail, and Barb Trainor of Island Trails talk about PEI's trails and their goals on the island (May 24, 2012): Redirects to CBC Radio
Click here to redirect to archives of Trail Talk
This circle of influential and visionary leaders will help us connect the Trail and all Canadians.
The Trail is within 30 minutes of over 80% of Canadians and runs through or near 1,000 communities.
Your donation will help to connect the Trail and bring us closer to realizing a national dream.