News and Media
May 3rd, 2013
Just as the country was gearing up for National Volunteer Week, volunteers, officials and Trail users celebrated the opening ceremony of the latest Trans Canada Trail segment in Nova Scotia on Saturday, April 20. The enthusiastic crowd gathered at the base of Bissett Brook Bridge, the new pedestrian bridge crossing Bissett Brook in [...]
Musquodoboit Harbour, Port Hood, Judique & New Glasgow among Nova Scotia communities celebrating International Trails Day
June 2nd, 2012
Mosquodoboit Harbour Fun-For-the-Family Bike ‘n Walk Outing When: Saturday, June 2, 2012 from 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM Where: Meet at Musquodoboit Harbour, N.S. – Park Rd parking lot, behind the arena. Bring: Water, snacks & fruit, proper gear, as well as bug dope! Cycling Route: We suggest going – as a maximum – as [...]
May 3rd, 2012
Good day everyone! Are you ready for it? International Trails Day is less than one month away! Do you have any plans for the big day, June 2, 2012? We’ll be updating our blog throughout the month with events happening across the country; click on your province under the Categories tab at the top of [...]
October 28th, 2008
Nova Scotia hosted a milestone trail celebration in October with the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding and the opening of two pavilions and three trail sections in Cape Breton. On October 26, TCT Chair Valerie Pringle, President Deborah Apps and NS Trails President Terry Norman met with Premier Rodney Macdonald. They signed a Memorandum [...]
June 5th, 2008
In addition to the Mabou Trail celebration happening on Cape Breton, there are at least six celebrations to take part on the “mainland”. Here’s the list: Annapolis County Trails’ Society Walk/Ride Yarmouth County Third Annual Trails Day Activities Pictou County Family Hike and Cape-to-Cape Trail Ceremony Cole Harbour Parks & Trail Association guided walks with [...]
Path of the Paddle
Trans Canada Trail Ontario hosts Community Information Sessions to showcase the "Path of the Paddle" project: a Tourism Destination Product in northwestern Ontario (June 29, 2012)
- Press release (pdf)
Go the Greenway
Trans Canada Trail launches greenways campaign (June 21, 2012)
- Website: Greenway.TCTrail.ca
- Newsletter dispatch (pdf)
Trans Canada Trail and Environment Canada-Biosphere launch BioKit (Oct. 13, 2011)
- BioKit (pdf)
Tribute to Dr. Camu
The Trans Canada Trail honours founder Dr. Pierre Camu (June 2, 2010)
- Redirect to CNW Matthews
In the news
- The Globe and Mail's National Philanthropy Day special (November 15, 2012) featured the Trans Canada Trail on pages 2 and 5. (pdf)
- MacLean’s (via the Canadian Press) mentions the Trans Canada Trail as a priority in its September 24, 2012 article, MPs say Ottawa needs to-do list for Canada’s 150th birthday.
- Canadian Geographic (July/August 2012) features the Path of the Paddle, a 900-km water route on the Trans Canada Trail, in Path of the Paddle: A wild new canoe link on the Trans Canada Trail (pdf), by Hap Wilson, or redirect to Canadian Geographic website.
- The Globe and Mail special information feature (June 29, 2012): Countdown to 2017 (pdf)
- Via Rail's Destinations magazine features the Trans Canada Trail (June 2012): Once There Were Rails (pdf)
- YorkU Magazine's Summer 2012 edition features Pierre Lassonde, a Trans Canada Trail Foundation board member, in Heart of Gold (pdf)
- Journal de Montréal (May 5 2012): Le sentier Transcanadien, un parcours de découvertes (pdf, French only)
- Ottawa Life Magazine (May-June 2012): The Natural: Laureen Harper talks family, fitness and Canadian Pride (pdf)
- National Geographic: Journeys of a Lifetime (pdf)
- Rails to Trails (Winter 2012): Canadian Spirit: The Trans Canada Trail (pdf)
- The Globe and Mail special information feature (July 1, 2011): Your Trail. Your Journey. (pdf)
- Parents Canada (June/July 2011) presents Happy Trails To You (pdf), a guide to exploring the Trans Canada Trail with children.
- Julie Brouard, communications director, talks about the Trail's 20th anniversary and the plan for the next five years on Les samedis du monde on Radio-Canada (July 7, 2012): Redirects to Radio-Canada (French only)
- Deborah Apps, president and CEO of the Trail, and Barb Trainor of Island Trails talk about PEI's trails and their goals on the island (May 24, 2012): Redirects to CBC Radio
Click here to redirect to archives of Trail Talk
This circle of influential and visionary leaders will help us connect the Trail and all Canadians.
The Trail is within 30 minutes of over 80% of Canadians and runs through or near 1,000 communities.
Your donation will help to connect the Trail and bring us closer to realizing a national dream.