News and Media
Parks Canada seeks public input on the development of Rouge Park, Canada’s first National Urban Park
June 27th, 2012
You’ve probably heard of Toronto’s Rouge Park. It’s big. Real big! Currently spanning 47 square kilometres in the eastern sector of the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), it is one of North America’s largest urban parks. So big in fact, it is well on its way to becoming Canada’s first National Urban Park. Within the boundaries [...]
June 20th, 2012
The first in a new series of public service announcements developed by Shaw Media for the Trans Canada Trail began airing across the country this week. The new PSA features Mrs. Laureen Harper, broadcast journalist Valerie Pringle and Dragon’s Den star Bruce Croxon. Catch the PSA on your local Global station and the Shaw Specialty Network [...]
June 19th, 2012
His Excellency the Right Honourable David Johnston, Governor General of Canada, cycled 12 km on the Niagara River Recreational Trail, part of the Trans Canada Trail on Saturday, June 16th. Joining him on the scenic ride from the Laura Secord Homestead to Fort George was our own Valerie Pringle, Co-Chair of the Trans Canada Trail [...]
June 14th, 2012
On International Trails Day 2012, the Trans Canada Trail team was thrilled to welcome the North Star Trail in British Columbia as its latest addition. TCT President and CEO Deborah Apps was on hand to unveil the Trail plaque on the Wycliffe, North Star Trail Bridge with a number of individuals who were [...]
June 11th, 2012
The Slocan Valley Rail Trail held its AGM and celebrated International Trails Day on June 3 with a bike tour of the north section of the trail. Deborah Apps, President and CEO of Trans Canada Trail was along for the tour and thoroughly enjoyed it. The TCT is working with the SVRT to make this wonderful trail [...]
Path of the Paddle
Trans Canada Trail Ontario hosts Community Information Sessions to showcase the "Path of the Paddle" project: a Tourism Destination Product in northwestern Ontario (June 29, 2012)
- Press release (pdf)
Go the Greenway
Trans Canada Trail launches greenways campaign (June 21, 2012)
- Website: Greenway.TCTrail.ca
- Newsletter dispatch (pdf)
Trans Canada Trail and Environment Canada-Biosphere launch BioKit (Oct. 13, 2011)
- BioKit (pdf)
Tribute to Dr. Camu
The Trans Canada Trail honours founder Dr. Pierre Camu (June 2, 2010)
- Redirect to CNW Matthews
In the news
- The Globe and Mail's National Philanthropy Day special (November 15, 2012) featured the Trans Canada Trail on pages 2 and 5. (pdf)
- MacLean’s (via the Canadian Press) mentions the Trans Canada Trail as a priority in its September 24, 2012 article, MPs say Ottawa needs to-do list for Canada’s 150th birthday.
- Canadian Geographic (July/August 2012) features the Path of the Paddle, a 900-km water route on the Trans Canada Trail, in Path of the Paddle: A wild new canoe link on the Trans Canada Trail (pdf), by Hap Wilson, or redirect to Canadian Geographic website.
- The Globe and Mail special information feature (June 29, 2012): Countdown to 2017 (pdf)
- Via Rail's Destinations magazine features the Trans Canada Trail (June 2012): Once There Were Rails (pdf)
- YorkU Magazine's Summer 2012 edition features Pierre Lassonde, a Trans Canada Trail Foundation board member, in Heart of Gold (pdf)
- Journal de Montréal (May 5 2012): Le sentier Transcanadien, un parcours de découvertes (pdf, French only)
- Ottawa Life Magazine (May-June 2012): The Natural: Laureen Harper talks family, fitness and Canadian Pride (pdf)
- National Geographic: Journeys of a Lifetime (pdf)
- Rails to Trails (Winter 2012): Canadian Spirit: The Trans Canada Trail (pdf)
- The Globe and Mail special information feature (July 1, 2011): Your Trail. Your Journey. (pdf)
- Parents Canada (June/July 2011) presents Happy Trails To You (pdf), a guide to exploring the Trans Canada Trail with children.
- Julie Brouard, communications director, talks about the Trail's 20th anniversary and the plan for the next five years on Les samedis du monde on Radio-Canada (July 7, 2012): Redirects to Radio-Canada (French only)
- Deborah Apps, president and CEO of the Trail, and Barb Trainor of Island Trails talk about PEI's trails and their goals on the island (May 24, 2012): Redirects to CBC Radio
Click here to redirect to archives of Trail Talk
This circle of influential and visionary leaders will help us connect the Trail and all Canadians.
The Trail is within 30 minutes of over 80% of Canadians and runs through or near 1,000 communities.
Your donation will help to connect the Trail and bring us closer to realizing a national dream.