News and Media
May 3rd, 2012
Good day everyone! Are you ready for it? International Trails Day is less than one month away! Do you have any plans for the big day, June 2, 2012? We’ll be updating our blog throughout the month with events happening across the country; click on your province under the Categories tab at the top of [...]
April 11th, 2012
Come on out at 9:00 am Thursday, April 12 and enjoy a stroll along the Trans Canada Trail with Dana Meise as he begins the 2012 leg of his hiking journey from coast to coast to coast. Join Jim Rondeau, Minister for Healthy Living, Seniors, and Consumer Affairs and 50 students from Wayoata Elementary School as [...]
April 4th, 2012
Position Description: Signage Officer I. Role Description & Reporting Relationships: This is a one-year position reporting to the National Director of Trails and based in either Montreal, Quebec or Fredericton, New Brunswick. The Signage Officer is responsible for • the development & implementation of way-finding signage, trailhead signage, interpretation panels and other signage on TCT [...]
January 9th, 2012
The Trans Canada Trail, the world’s longest and grandest trail, is celebrating its 20th Anniversary this year. What began in 1992 as a legacy project of Canada’s 125th Anniversary has grown into 16,500 kilometres of connected trail from coast to coast to coast. Through the dedication and commitment of countless volunteers; generous donations from individuals, [...]
December 6th, 2011
Winter has arrived and snowmobile enthusiasts are busy making plans to explore snow-covered landscapes across the country. With that in mind, Quebec welcomes you to experience 33,000 kilometres of signed, well-maintained trails. Check out our map to help plan your trip or visit the Quebec Federation of Snowmobile Clubs for detailed information. Whether you’re coming [...]
Path of the Paddle
Trans Canada Trail Ontario hosts Community Information Sessions to showcase the "Path of the Paddle" project: a Tourism Destination Product in northwestern Ontario (June 29, 2012)
- Press release (pdf)
Go the Greenway
Trans Canada Trail launches greenways campaign (June 21, 2012)
- Website: Greenway.TCTrail.ca
- Newsletter dispatch (pdf)
Trans Canada Trail and Environment Canada-Biosphere launch BioKit (Oct. 13, 2011)
- BioKit (pdf)
Tribute to Dr. Camu
The Trans Canada Trail honours founder Dr. Pierre Camu (June 2, 2010)
- Redirect to CNW Matthews
In the news
- The Globe and Mail's National Philanthropy Day special (November 15, 2012) featured the Trans Canada Trail on pages 2 and 5. (pdf)
- MacLean’s (via the Canadian Press) mentions the Trans Canada Trail as a priority in its September 24, 2012 article, MPs say Ottawa needs to-do list for Canada’s 150th birthday.
- Canadian Geographic (July/August 2012) features the Path of the Paddle, a 900-km water route on the Trans Canada Trail, in Path of the Paddle: A wild new canoe link on the Trans Canada Trail (pdf), by Hap Wilson, or redirect to Canadian Geographic website.
- The Globe and Mail special information feature (June 29, 2012): Countdown to 2017 (pdf)
- Via Rail's Destinations magazine features the Trans Canada Trail (June 2012): Once There Were Rails (pdf)
- YorkU Magazine's Summer 2012 edition features Pierre Lassonde, a Trans Canada Trail Foundation board member, in Heart of Gold (pdf)
- Journal de Montréal (May 5 2012): Le sentier Transcanadien, un parcours de découvertes (pdf, French only)
- Ottawa Life Magazine (May-June 2012): The Natural: Laureen Harper talks family, fitness and Canadian Pride (pdf)
- National Geographic: Journeys of a Lifetime (pdf)
- Rails to Trails (Winter 2012): Canadian Spirit: The Trans Canada Trail (pdf)
- The Globe and Mail special information feature (July 1, 2011): Your Trail. Your Journey. (pdf)
- Parents Canada (June/July 2011) presents Happy Trails To You (pdf), a guide to exploring the Trans Canada Trail with children.
- Julie Brouard, communications director, talks about the Trail's 20th anniversary and the plan for the next five years on Les samedis du monde on Radio-Canada (July 7, 2012): Redirects to Radio-Canada (French only)
- Deborah Apps, president and CEO of the Trail, and Barb Trainor of Island Trails talk about PEI's trails and their goals on the island (May 24, 2012): Redirects to CBC Radio
Click here to redirect to archives of Trail Talk
This circle of influential and visionary leaders will help us connect the Trail and all Canadians.
The Trail is within 30 minutes of over 80% of Canadians and runs through or near 1,000 communities.
Your donation will help to connect the Trail and bring us closer to realizing a national dream.