- Parks Canada to waive entrance fees in 2017 to celebrate Canada's 150th
- Government of Canada Announces New Investments in Parks Canada Sites in Southern New Brunswick
- From the Pacific to the Atlantic on Foot: An Edmontonian wants to be the first woman to cross the entire Trans Canada Trail
- Filmmaker Dianne Whelan plans to travel Canada's Trans Canada Trail on a journey that's never been done before
- SESQUI chosen as an official Canada 150 Signature Initiative
In the news
- The Globe and Mail special information feature (July 4, 2015): Our Canadian Journey (pdf)
- The Globe and Mail special information feature (June 28, 2014): Our Canadian Journey (pdf)
- The Globe and Mail special information feature (June 28, 2013): What does it take to build one of the world's longest and grandest trails? Your help (pdf)
- The Globe and Mail's National Philanthropy Day special (November 15, 2012) featured the Trans Canada Trail on pages 2 and 5. (pdf)
- MacLean’s (via the Canadian Press) mentions the Trans Canada Trail as a priority in its September 24, 2012 article, MPs say Ottawa needs to-do list for Canada’s 150th birthday.
- Canadian Geographic (July/August 2012) features the Path of the Paddle, a 900-km water route on the Trans Canada Trail, in Path of the Paddle: A wild new canoe link on the Trans Canada Trail (pdf), by Hap Wilson, or redirect to Canadian Geographic website.
- The Globe and Mail special information feature (June 29, 2012): Countdown to 2017 (pdf)
- Via Rail's Destinations magazine features the Trans Canada Trail (June 2012): Once There Were Rails (pdf)
- YorkU Magazine's Summer 2012 edition features Pierre Lassonde, a Trans Canada Trail Foundation board member, in Heart of Gold (pdf)
- Journal de Montréal (May 5 2012): Le sentier Transcanadien, un parcours de découvertes (pdf, French only)
- Ottawa Life Magazine (May-June 2012): The Natural: Laureen Harper talks family, fitness and Canadian Pride (pdf)
- National Geographic: Journeys of a Lifetime (pdf)
- Rails to Trails (Winter 2012): Canadian Spirit: The Trans Canada Trail (pdf)
- The Globe and Mail special information feature (July 1, 2011): Your Trail. Your Journey. (pdf)
- Parents Canada (June/July 2011) presents Happy Trails To You (pdf), a guide to exploring the Trans Canada Trail with children.
- Julie Brouard, TCT's former communications director, talks about the Trail's 20th anniversary and the plan for the next five years on Les samedis du monde on Radio-Canada (July 7, 2012): Redirects to Radio-Canada (French only)
- Deborah Apps, president and CEO of the Trail, and Barb Trainor of Island Trails talk about PEI's trails and their goals on the island (May 24, 2012): Redirects to CBC Radio
Click here to redirect to archives of Trail Talk