September 5th, 2007
The newest Trail Pavilion in Québec was officially opened on Wednesday, Sept. 12th at 11:00 am. Three new panels containing the names and messages of donors were also be unveiled at this time. The new pavilion is located on the wharf of the Rivière-du-Loup to Saint-Siméon Ferry Crossing. Access is available from Autoroute Jean-Lesage (Autoroute […]
August 13th, 2007
For more information and photos, please visit La Route Verte or Vélo Québec.
August 7th, 2007
All are Welcome! Program Departure from the Centre cycliste de Danville at 7:00 pm Return trip between Danville and Richmond Sports drink (Gatorade) provided upon arrival at Richmond A snack will be served upon return to Danville Security provided along the route (escort vehicles) Don’t forget your bike light! Price: $5.00 A door prize drawing […]
January 5th, 2007
Il donne accès ? un paysage insolite et majestueux dans un milieu naturel jusque l? inaccessible.
November 8th, 2006
Popular Quebec broadcaster Marcel Bouchard takes a trip on the Mestachibo Trail, which runs between the whimsically-named Saint-Férreol-les-Neiges and the foot of Mount St. Anne, near Quebec City. The segment, which originally aired on September 30th, 2006, shows off the stunning scenery of the blank river. “Salut Bonjour Week-end” airs in Quebec on the TVA […]
October 31st, 2006
The Trans Canada Trail celebrated a landmark occasion on June 3rd with the unveiling of the first-ever Trailhead sign in St. Lambert, Quebec. The sign, which features a large map of the Trail, shows where you are, route highlights, distance, amenities and safety information along the way. Five more Trailhead signs are currently in the […]
- Parks Canada to waive entrance fees in 2017 to celebrate Canada's 150th
- Government of Canada Announces New Investments in Parks Canada Sites in Southern New Brunswick
- From the Pacific to the Atlantic on Foot: An Edmontonian wants to be the first woman to cross the entire Trans Canada Trail
- Filmmaker Dianne Whelan plans to travel Canada's Trans Canada Trail on a journey that's never been done before
- SESQUI chosen as an official Canada 150 Signature Initiative
In the news
- The Globe and Mail special information feature (July 4, 2015): Our Canadian Journey (pdf)
- The Globe and Mail special information feature (June 28, 2014): Our Canadian Journey (pdf)
- The Globe and Mail special information feature (June 28, 2013): What does it take to build one of the world's longest and grandest trails? Your help (pdf)
- The Globe and Mail's National Philanthropy Day special (November 15, 2012) featured the Trans Canada Trail on pages 2 and 5. (pdf)
- MacLean’s (via the Canadian Press) mentions the Trans Canada Trail as a priority in its September 24, 2012 article, MPs say Ottawa needs to-do list for Canada’s 150th birthday.
- Canadian Geographic (July/August 2012) features the Path of the Paddle, a 900-km water route on the Trans Canada Trail, in Path of the Paddle: A wild new canoe link on the Trans Canada Trail (pdf), by Hap Wilson, or redirect to Canadian Geographic website.
- The Globe and Mail special information feature (June 29, 2012): Countdown to 2017 (pdf)
- Via Rail's Destinations magazine features the Trans Canada Trail (June 2012): Once There Were Rails (pdf)
- YorkU Magazine's Summer 2012 edition features Pierre Lassonde, a Trans Canada Trail Foundation board member, in Heart of Gold (pdf)
- Journal de Montréal (May 5 2012): Le sentier Transcanadien, un parcours de découvertes (pdf, French only)
- Ottawa Life Magazine (May-June 2012): The Natural: Laureen Harper talks family, fitness and Canadian Pride (pdf)
- National Geographic: Journeys of a Lifetime (pdf)
- Rails to Trails (Winter 2012): Canadian Spirit: The Trans Canada Trail (pdf)
- The Globe and Mail special information feature (July 1, 2011): Your Trail. Your Journey. (pdf)
- Parents Canada (June/July 2011) presents Happy Trails To You (pdf), a guide to exploring the Trans Canada Trail with children.
- Julie Brouard, TCT's former communications director, talks about the Trail's 20th anniversary and the plan for the next five years on Les samedis du monde on Radio-Canada (July 7, 2012): Redirects to Radio-Canada (French only)
- Deborah Apps, president and CEO of the Trail, and Barb Trainor of Island Trails talk about PEI's trails and their goals on the island (May 24, 2012): Redirects to CBC Radio
Click here to redirect to archives of Trail Talk