You are passionate about the health and well-being of people and communities. The talents and skills you bring to your work are valued by your colleagues and you’re interested in learning something new. You enjoy working remotely and online, using digital platforms to think creatively and work collaboratively, and you believe in the importance of work/life balance.
About the role
Position: Coordinator, Website & Digital Marketing
Position Type: Full-time permanent
Work Location: Remote from home in Canada (national office is based in Montreal)
Team: Communications & Marketing
Experience: Minimum 5 years
Reports to: Manager, Website & Digital Marketing
Start Date: As soon as possible
This is a fantastic opportunity to join Trans Canada Trail! Reporting to the Manager, Website & Digital Marketing, the Coordinator, Website & Digital Marketing is responsible for helping Trans Canada Trail’s marketing and communications team improve the organization’s online presence through web support, SEO, and data analytics reporting.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
Improving our brand’s online visibility
- Ensure on-page SEO optimization, including content management and improvement
- Audit website content to ensure it complies with SEO best practices
- Improve crawl experience for search engine bots while ensuring best in class user experience
- Prepare site performance analyses and reports
- Identify link opportunities for the marketing & communications team and consult on link building best practices
- Generate keywords lists for web and other digital copy
Digital marketing data and analytics
- Monitor, analyze, report and present, when required, to senior management on website and digital marketing performance, ensuring objectives are met.
- Manage monthly/quarterly raw data collection across Trans Canada Trail’s digital marketing technology stack
- Assess and learn new marketing data-analytics platforms as needed
Supporting our brand’s web and digital needs
- Create landing pages, build and track UTMs, create vanities and redirects
- Update web content and publishing pages as requested
- Assist with implementation of Google Analytics 4 on Trans Canada Trail web properties, as well as setting up tagging and tracking, as required by the marketing & communications team
- Coordinate with external digital marketing and web development vendors as needed
- Attend webinars, research and help evaluate software, digital platforms and other communications and marketing tools, as required
- Manage page/post directories and cleanup old pages
- Monitor and report any web-related performance issues
- Help assess, make recommendations and implement new marketing software and platforms
- Supporting Philanthropy with digital-first fundraising needs, including digital marketing/fundraising campaigns, web pages, landing pages, web development, etc.
- Managing administrative requirements (vendor invoicing, scheduling meetings, etc.), as required
Desired experience and qualifications:
- Proactive and action oriented with an attention to detail
- Data driven, strong analytical thinking and a questioning attitude
- Passionate about the web, SEO, SEM, evangelizing them to the Communications & Marketing team and across the organization
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of products, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of SEO tools, such as MOZ and Google Search Console
- Knowledge of WordPress
- Knowledgeable about Google Analytics and GA4
- Ability to effectively multi-task and adjust priorities
- Google Ads certification an asset
- French fluency an asset
A detailed position description will be provided to candidates who are invited to join us for an interview and discussion about the role.
We offer a compensation package that includes:
- Hiring salary range: $54,000-$56,000 per year, based on experience
- Contributions to group RRSP
- Insurance: health, dental, long-term disability and life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible work location and hours of work
- Generous paid vacation, holidays and sick leave
Commitment to inclusion and employment equity
Trans Canada Trail is a proud equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows everyone to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success, and we understand that different experiences, expertise and diversity of thought creates better opportunities to understand the world we share.
We value a staff team made up of people with diverse voices and experiences and welcome your application if this role called out to you. If you already have all of the skills and experience we’ve asked for, great. But we also consider potential – so if you don’t have those exact skills yet, but you have the know-how and desire to develop them, know that we support professional growth and this role may still be a great match for you – so don’t be shy about submitting an application.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank all applicants for their interest in working at Trans Canada Trail.
Trans Canada Trail is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Trans Canada Trail will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the Coordinator, Human Resources at email@example.comDownload PDF