Celebrate the new Halte des Trains-de-Neige in Mont-Tremblant on Sunday, August 7
You are cordially invited to join us in celebrating the addition of a beautiful new trail rest area along the Mont-Tremblant section of the Trans Canada Trail on Sunday, August 7 at 11:00 am. The event will be held rain or shine so dress for weather. A short ceremony will be held, followed by a light snack. (See directions below)
The Halte des Trains-de-Neige is located on the P’tit Train du Nord linear park, a section of Quebec’s Trans Canada Trail that is popular year-round for recreation, sight-seeing and even commuting to work. This lovely rest area for outdoor enthusiasts has been built in honour of Claudine and Stephen Bronfman, whose contributions through their family foundation have been instrumental in the development and enjoyment of the Trans Canada Trail across the country. To find out more about the Discovery Program or to view our Discovery Panel slideshow, click here.
Directions from Montreal:
- Follow Highway 15 north which turns into Highway 117 at Ste-Agathe
- Continue along Highway 117. Look for blue signs for Mont-Tremblant ski resort
- After two traffic lights for the town of Ste-Jovite (Mont-Tremblant) look for exit Montée Ryan
- Exit at Montée Ryan and turn right (east)
- Follow Montée Ryan to the round-about. Go ¾ way around and follow the signs to the Village of Mont-Tremblant along Highway 327 (Chemin du Village)
- Follow Chemin du Village into the centre of town
- Parking may be found along the street, behind City Hall or in the lot next to the old train station (now an artists’ studio)
- Trans Canada Trail runs alongside the lake on the far side of the train station. Follow the path north (signs will indicate direction)
This circle of influential and visionary leaders will help us connect the Trail and all Canadians.
The Trail is within 30 minutes of over 80% of Canadians and runs through or near 1,000 communities.
This summer, double your gift to the Trail! The Richardson Foundation will match your donation until August 15th, 2014!