WELCOME TO THE TRANS CANADA TRAIL COMMUNITY!
At Trans Canada Trail, we believe in fostering an inclusive and respectful online community. Our social media platforms serve as a space for trail users, volunteers and supporters to connect, share experiences and engage in conversations related to the Trail.
We strive to ensure that the Trans Canada Trail Community embodies our values and is a space where all members are respected.
To ensure a positive and welcoming environment, we have established the following community guidelines:
1. Respect and Inclusivity: Basically, just be cool – let’s spread good vibes all around!
- Treat all individuals with respect, regardless of their race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age or any other personal characteristic.
- Be mindful of your language and avoid engaging in offensive, discriminatory or hateful speech. This includes derogatory comments, slurs or any form of harassment or bullying.
- Personal insults, threats of violence and/or harassment, sexist or racist comments have no place in the community, will not be tolerated and will result in removal of comments.
2. Constructive Dialogue: Share the love and keep it positive – we’re all about building each other up and inspiring one another.
- Engage in constructive and meaningful discussions related to Trans Canada Trail, its initiatives and related topics.
- Share your thoughts, ideas and experiences in a respectful manner, fostering a positive and supportive environment for all community members.
- Be open to different viewpoints and engage in thoughtful conversations that encourage learning and growth.
- Disagreements are acceptable as long as they remain civil and do not veer into personal attacks.
3. Stay on the Trail: Keep the convo trail-related – we want to keep things focused on the Trans Canada Trail and everything that makes it awesome.
- Ensure that your posts are relevant to the topic being discussed and align with the overall purpose of the social media channel.
- Avoid promoting unrelated products, services or causes that do not align with the Trail’s values and purpose.
- Refrain from spamming or excessively posting repetitive or irrelevant content.
- Content that is deemed spam, promotional or irrelevant may be removed.
4. Respect Privacy and Creativity: No sharing personal deets without permission and give credit where credit is due.
- Respect the privacy of others and refrain from sharing personal information without consent.
- Do not use content, including photos, videos or written material, without proper authorization or appropriate attribution.
- Be cautious while sharing personal information about yourself or others and refrain from disclosing sensitive details.
- Do not post personal information that you receive in private messages or other one-to-one communications on the Community without the other party’s consent.
- Any content that violates legal or ethical standards will be removed.
5. Be Mindful of Safety: Don’t be a daredevil. Safety is our BFF. If you see something sketchy, give us a holler. We want to keep this online space as safe as the Trail itself.
- Do not post or encourage any content that promotes dangerous activities, illegal actions or violations of local laws.
- Report any suspicious or harmful behaviour to the platform administrators or Trans Canada Trail representatives.
- Take necessary precautions while sharing location-based information to ensure your personal safety and that of others.
6. Play by the Platform Rules: Each platform has its own rules, so follow them like a well-marked trail. It keeps things smooth and hassle-free for everyone.
- Abide by the terms of service, guidelines and community standards of the specific social media platform being used.
- Understand and adhere to the specific rules and regulations set forth by the platform to ensure a positive user experience.
GUARDIANS OF THE GUIDELINES
Remember, if you don’t follow these guidelines, we will take action to protect our community, our staff and our Trail users and partners.
- Failure to comply with these guidelines will result in moderation actions, including but not limited to warnings, deletion of posts or comments, temporary or permanent suspension from our social media platforms, or any other action deemed necessary by the Trans Canada Trail team, without notice.
By participating in our social media communities, you agree to adhere to these guidelines and acknowledge that Trans Canada Trail holds the right to moderate and manage these spaces for the benefit of all members.
Thank you for being part of our social media community and contributing to a positive and enriching experience for all members. We highly encourage you to unleash your creativity and share your trail-tastic adventures, mind-blowing photos, epic videos and your own trail tales with your fellow trail users. Be sure to tag us and use the hashtag: #TransCanadaTrail.
Don’t be shy to spread the love – share our posts with your own networks. Invite your friends, family, and anyone who might appreciate the joy of the Trans Canada Trail to join our community.
And so, grab your cameras, press record, dust off your storytelling skills and let’s capture the essence of our trail experiences in pixels, frames and words. Let’s inspire one another to explore and appreciate the beauty of the Trans Canada Trail in all its multimedia glory.
Let’s share our experiences, share the love – and avoid sharing hate and derogatory comments that cause harm, as these will not be tolerated.