You are passionate about the health and well-being of people and communities. The talents and skills you bring to your work are valued by your colleagues and you’re always interested in learning something new. You enjoy working remotely and online, using digital platforms to think creatively and work collaboratively, and you believe in the importance of work/life balance.
About the role
Position: French Copywriter/Translator
Location: Remote from home in Canada (National office is based in Montreal)
Effective: As soon as possible
Employment type: Permanent full-time
Salary starting from: $50,000
This is a fantastic new opportunity to join Trans Canada Trail! The French Copywriter/Translator supports and reports to the Manager, Brand Marketing & Creative Services, and collaborates closely with all members of the Communications & Marketing team. This position deals with urgent requests while balancing long-term projects.
The French Copywriter/Translator will be responsible for all content localization efforts in Canada, including writing, editing, proofreading, translating and adapting all communications and marketing materials into French. Further, it’s expected that the position develops francophone relationships; delivers, evaluates and enhances francophone communication; and provides support to all Trans Canada Trail teams on translation of various communications and marketing materials, webinars and social media.
The ideal candidate resides in Quebec and has a full understanding of Quebec francophone culture and marketing nuances. This individual must be proficient in French and English, has a can-do attitude and learns new systems and processes quickly. He/she/they thrives on challenges, embraces responsibilities, is detail-oriented and seeks an opportunity to support a wide range of marketing projects.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Develop impactful and current francophone content strategies
- Create engaging written content in French for all marketing channels
- Translate content into French and ensure simultaneous delivery of content in both official languages
- Proofread and edit a wide range of French communications for accuracy, spelling, grammar, idiom accuracy, style consistency, tone, flow and comprehension
- Manage the workload of translations and coordinate with internal clients and freelancers to meet deadlines
- Build and maintain French terminology database/translation memory
Desired experience and qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Mandatory: Bilingual (English and French) with French language skills at the superior level
- Excellent project management skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Well-organized with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Knowledge of Mailchimp, WordPress and translation memory software an asset
- Experience working at a charitable organization, with lean resources
A detailed position description will be provided to candidates who are invited to join us for an interview and discussion about the role.
We offer a compensation package that includes:
- Starting salary is $50,000 per year
- Contributions to group RRSP
- Insurance: health, dental, long-term disability and life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible work location and hours of work
- Generous paid vacation, holidays and sick leave
Commitment to inclusion and employment equity
Trans Canada Trail is a proud equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows everyone to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success, and we understand that different experiences, expertise and diversity of thought creates better opportunities to understand the world we share.
We value a staff team made up of people with diverse voices and experiences and welcome your application if this role called out to you. If you already have all of the skills and experience we’ve asked for, great. But we also consider potential – so if you don’t have those exact skills yet, but you have the know-how and desire to develop them, know that we support professional growth and this role may still be a great match for you – so don’t be shy about submitting an application.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank all applicants for their interest in working at Trans Canada Trail.Download PDF