Thanks to the generosity of thousands of Canadians, the ambitious dream of a cross-Canada trail is now a reality. However, while the Trans Canada Trail is connected, the work is far from being complete. Your leadership gift of $1,000 or more will ensure Trans Canada Trail continues to enhance and protect our national treasure.
Your gift will enhance and protect the Trans Canada Trail by:
- Developing even more urban walking and cycling routes to not only enhance Canadians’ health and well-being, but will also reduce air pollution in our beautiful country.
- Making the Trail as safe as possible for hikers and cyclists, by working to convert as much roadway as possible to greenway.
- Helping to make the Trail accessible, particularly for seniors and the physically disabled, by adding benches, restrooms, guide wires, and adapted signage for those with visual impairments.
- Strengthening partnerships with Indigenous groups by collaborating on interpretive signs and finding new ways to foster cross-cultural learning and sharing.
- Adding more Trail markers and trailheads to raise awareness and inspire more Canadians to become avid Trail users.