You are passionate about the health and well-being of people and communities. The talents and skills you bring to your work are valued by your colleagues and you’re always interested in learning something new. You enjoy working remotely and online, using digital platforms to think creatively and work collaboratively, and you believe in the importance of work/life balance.
About the role
Position: Manager, Salesforce
Position Type: Full-time/Permanent
Work Location: Remote from home in Canada (national office is based in Montreal)
Reports to: Director, Technology
Start Date: As soon as possible
This is a fantastic opportunity to join Trans Canada Trail! The Manager, Salesforce is an important role within our Operations team to manage and administer Trans Canada Trail’s Salesforce database for the organization, to support Trans Canada Trail’s mission. You’ll be reporting to the Director, Technology and working closely with the entire Trans Canada Trail team to support the strategic goals and objectives of the organization.
- Manages and administers Trans Canada Trail’s Salesforce database by setting users, automated workflows, permissions, basic platform customizations (fields, page layouts, etc.).
- Integrates Salesforce with third-party applications.
- Troubleshoots database issues.
- Develops data security and restoration policies, procedures and controls.
- Implements database recovery procedures.
- Conducts diagnostic testing and evaluates performance metrics.
- Performs database maintenance as required; tests and installs service packs and patches.
- Installs upgrades, as required.
- Establishes and documents business practices/workflow.
- Analyzes data and develops reports, dashboards and processes to support business operations.
- Collects business requirements for new processes with stakeholders.
- Troubleshoots database issues in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintains technical documentation and develops user training and support materials.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent knowledge and experience working with Salesforce
- Knowledge and experience with programming
- Proficiency in Structure Query Language (SQL)
- Proficiency in Java is an asset
- In-depth knowledge of database technologies, architecture and data security
- Project management experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical mindset
- Data-driven oriented
- Demonstrates initiative, sound judgment and problem-solving skills
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience in database management
- Degree in database, computer science or related field
- Bilingual (French and English), spoken and written, is an asset
A detailed position description will be provided to candidates who are invited to join us for an interview and discussion about the role.
We offer a compensation package that includes:
- Hiring salary range: $66,000-$68,000 per year, based on experience
- Contributions to group RRSP
- Insurance: health, dental, long-term disability and life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible work location and hours of work
- Generous paid vacation, holidays and sick leave
Commitment to inclusion and employment equity
Trans Canada Trail is a proud equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows everyone to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success, and we understand that different experiences, expertise and diversity of thought creates better opportunities to understand the world we share.
We value a staff team made up of people with diverse voices and experiences and welcome your application if this role called out to you. If you already have all of the skills and experience we’ve asked for, great. But we also consider potential – so if you don’t have those exact skills yet, but you have the know-how and desire to develop them, know that we support professional growth and this role may still be a great match for you – so don’t be shy about submitting an application.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank all applicants for their interest in working at Trans Canada Trail.
Trans Canada Trail is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Trans Canada Trail will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the Coordinator, Human Resources at email@example.comDownload PDF